KUNAFA

Kunafa is a traditional Arab dessert, a well-known and most popular dessert in the middle east world. It is made with a pastry-like dough, soaked in sweety sugar syrup, and with cheese. Here I use cream cheese. This sweet is popularly known as Queen of Arabic dessert.Then we can look onto the ingredients and method of preparation.


Although we have many desserts as traditional as well as modern,this is one of must try recipe you have to do. Its combinations of that pastry dough and cheese cream filling and the sugar syrup together forms a fabulous treat to your loved ones. 

Ingredients

1. Kunafa dough - 250 g
2. Butter unsalted - 50 g
3. Cream cheese - 5 tbsp.
4. Milk - 1 cup
5. Sugar - 3 tbsp.
6. All purpose flour - 2 tsp
7. Cornflour - 3 tsp
8. Sugar - 1/2 cup
9. Water - 1 cup
10. Lemon juice - few drops
11. Rose water - 1 tsp



Method:

In a pan add milk, 3 tbsp sugar, cornflour and all purpose flour and mix it.
Boil the mixture until it becomes thick.
When the mixture becomes thick, turn off the flame and keep it aside for cooling.
In a blender, add kunafa dough and grind it for one or two toss.
Add melted butter and mix well.
Add half portion of it in a greased pan and keep it aside.
In a blender, add cream cheese and cooled cornflour mixture and blend it.
Pour it on the kunafa dough.
Layer the remaining dough on it.
Bake it in 180 C for 25 to 30 minutes.
For making sugar syrup, add 1/2 cup sugar, water, lemon juice and rose water, boil it.
Pour it warmly to the baked kunafa.
Garnish it with crushed pistachios.

Enjoy the homelicious recipes!

Comments

  1. I love trying new recipes, I am going to add this to my list of things to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love trying new things! This looks so authentic! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I love that this uses cream cheese, I bet it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! Ti-been-eck-tier! I'm married to a wonderful Lebanese man and I must tell you Kunafa is the BEST desert ever! I must have gained an extra 10 pounds my first 6 months of marriage eating this as often as I could! Unfortunately, I just can't equal the quality of my Lebanese sister-in-laws! Thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg this looks good, deff gonna try this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment